We are looking for an E-commerce Project manager to maintain development strategies by managing developers, researching and implementing technological strategic solutions and driving the development process. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various projects, including site launches, online tools and web applications.
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help solve problems and achieve business goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills and you should also use your communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams. You will be required to manage every aspect of the project behind the scenes and ensure all is working well. Collaborating with the team and performing a variety of administrative, database & catalogue tasks to support a development team. Duties often involve tracking schedules, and ensuring projects are operating within spec, time, and budget.
You should be able to adopt the agile methodology and manage and deliver our projects’ lifecycle within quality, time, and budget requirements.
- Provide end-to-end project management.
- Scope project requirements and prepare budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor progress.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop, and implement projects.
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met.
- Develop support documentation including BRD’s (Business Requirements Document)
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks.
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues.
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new project requirements.
- Collaborate with development team to plan sprints and define what can be delivered in the sprint and how the work will be achieved.
- Manage daily stand ups, tasks, sprints, and retrospectives for the Storefront Development team.
- Develop open and effective channels of communication with each client that can be employed by other departments as well.
- Provide regular updates to clients on the progress of projects that directly affect each client
- Coordinate internal projects and determine the best utilization of resources to increase customer satisfaction
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to purchase products and additional products and services
- Become the reliable point of contact for each client that is required to establish strong business relations
- Excellent communication, organization, time management and team management skills are necessary
- Experience as a Project Administrator, Project Coordinator or similar role
- Tertiary certification in business, computer science, project management or a relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager on E-commerce projects
- Hands on experience with project management software, like Jira
- Solid technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System), E-commerce or Order Entry technologies is a plus
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage your own time and development between multiple projects and clients to meet deliverables.
- A team player with effective communication skills, excellent attention to detail and results oriented.
We are a growing team of 100+ individuals with offices in South Africa and are looking for a candidate that thrives on working within a dynamic and agile environment. We are looking for an A-player, a well-rounded individual with good communication skills, attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude.
The ability to work in a team is key, as we utilise the scrum framework which helps our people address complex adaptive problems, to productively and creatively deliver high-value products.
We have adopted a hybrid working model where employees can work remote, onsite or a combination of onsite and offsite as we both see fit.
Read more about us here